Friday, January 20, 2006

The Daily News


What's on my mind right now? The same thing that I've been thinking about for the past four years is now mere months away. Soon, and before I realize that the time has slipped by, I'll be completing my MBA and off to work in some yet unknown business doing who-knows-what. I've been planning to get an MBA since I first went to Japan. Since then, I've studied for and taken the GMAT; applied and was accepted to a decent school; completed an internship in between years; and am now on the verge of ending up the whole adventure with a greater sense of direction for my life and the means to reach those goals.

One thing I am reasonably sure of is that wherever I end up I'll be in much better financial health. Student life grows tiresome. For example, my car has neverending issues. The front bumper hangs loosely on the right side, looking like it was taken out back and thrashed in an unfair bar fight. As well, I believe the fan-belt mechanism is slightly bent, causing the belt to squeal randomly. It needs an alignment, new tires and new brakes. But other than that, she runs great! Anyone interested in making an offer? ...

Which brings me back to my job search. In about a week I'll attend a Career Fair up in Portland specifically for MBA's and I'm just putting the finishing touches on my resume. I'm looking forward to that as a way to make contacts with people at firms that aren't Intel.

So, as this term plugs along and I find myself spending all my free time either sleeping or being used as a Dawei Pillow, I look out my window and wait for the rain to subside just enough for me to dash out. Places to go and people to see and I'm off and running.

No comments: