Saturday, July 09, 2005

Occurrence and Chance


Wow, what a funky title for a blog entry, eh? Well, it just came to mind so I went with it. Anyway, this entry is all about those things we consider to be coincidence but may be more than that. I'll stand up on my soapbox and spew my thoughts out in a fast flurry once again.

I was just sending an email to some people (let's call them 'my people') to announce the upstart of this-here blog. And it occurred to me that I could draw a sort of family tree but with friends. It would list who introduced me to whom and those I met on my own initiative etc. I realized that at least half the people I know I wouldnt have ever met if it weren't for the connection through older friends.

Its really just chance who we will meet and how and when. Mostly, I realized that, as you move up the tree towards the base of oldest friends, those individuals are more like family to me. Like a huge network with those nearest to me at the center.

To those friends, I send my love and just marvel at the simple complexity of it all.

'nuff for now.

1 comment:

sun_cici said...

I wonder, is it really "just CHANCE who we will meet and how and when"?
Well, I guess people would have different explanations based on their believes and culture. Like, in Chinese (you might think I'm advertising the Chinese stuff again..hehe...) there's a character “缘”. On Chi-Eng dictionary it says "the lot or luck by which people are brought together". But I think it's more like "fate'. When me and my close friends get together, sometimes we would question that if we didn't meet the way we had, would we meet some other places and time. Um.. it's hard to say 'cos things have already happened the way they are. But I do think that some people are meant to be close friends or meant to be together by some kind of "fomular" (I don't know). Some of my very close friends were introduced to me by other friends. Those "not so close" friends are like bridges, helping me to meet more people.
Some of my random thoughts.. sorry for wasting the space.. hehehe...^^