Sunday, September 18, 2005

Japan Trip CANCELLED


To my friends at home and abroad:

I have recent discouraging news to share with you all.
My trip to Japan, which was supposed to begin this
morning with a flight out from Portland has ended
before it began. Due to some confusing data on my
airline tickets, I misread the departure time and
missed my flight. I called the customer service
office of the internet company through whom I bought
my tickets and they in turn called Japan Airlines
(JAL) to discuss rescheduling/refund options. JAL
responded by cancelling ALL of my tickets and
connecting flights due to missing the first part of my
trip. That means, they cancelled my return tickets
before I had a chance to use them. I am fighting for
a refund, but this setback caused my trip to be
entirely cancelled.

I will not be able to meet anyone in Japan this week.
The best that I can do is to tentatively plan for a
trip to Japan maybe in December. I don't know yet how
this term will go nor if I will get my refund from
JAL. So, nothing is fixed at this point.

You can imagine my disappointment, so I won't go into
all that right now. But keep in touch; we'll meet
again soon.

Your friend,

Dave

No comments: