Sunday, October 09, 2005

Moving Day


Moving is never a fun task. It is especially unenjoyable when one has an ass-load of class work due right after. But here I go again.

Juggling stuffed boxes and the myriad loose odds and ends that cluttered my desk, shelf and floor, I set off across the parking lot for an apartment less noisy where some studying could be done. Now that I'm here, I remember just what it is that I hate about moving: settling in. Getting used to a new environment has never been easy.

While I've travelled extensively through Japan, it never bothered me to be on the go so often because even while roaming the Kanto area as a regional assistant I had a homebase apartment in Saitama-ken. What I've come to realize is that even though I move, even when I was overseas, those few true friends in my life have moved with me, if only in spirit. It seemed as though no matter where I found myself one day or the next, these individuals always maintained contact and remained very much a part of my life across the miles and years.

So while its been tough this time, as graduation approaches and I don't know where God will direct me afterward, I find myself more at ease with my situation facing the unknown ahead. I know that I will never be alone, as one is never truly alone who has friends.

1 comment:

sun_cici said...

DWTX, ni xin ku la!

I think people all need spiritual support from the ones they can rely on, like friends, family or a special someone... um.. I think DWTX can deal with all kinds of difficult situation really well. So, be Jia You-ing and keep smiling!

btw, I like the picture you put on...only you were looking at the camera while other guys were all staring at you...especially the 2nd guy on the right looks so funny. His face looks like he's saying "What is that dude thinking over there..." he he he...