Monday, July 24, 2006

The First Day


Its the first day of a new job and I'm sitting, staring at my notebook computer wondering how in the world I'm going to analyze the reems of data now stuffing my inbox. Well, I'll just begin by poking around and sifting through it all to gain my bearings and develop some familiarity with it. Learning how to put it all together and actually make some use of it will take time. But for now, I'll begin taking steps and (hopefully) move in the right direction.

The routine is slowly coming together and I've got a full schedule for the next three weeks. This week is all about meeting people and shuffling paper. It's next week when the real fun begins. The first two weeks of each month, I'm busy submitting forecasts for production by product and related supplies. That means that those reems of data are necessarily plugged in to various spreadsheets where forecasting calculations are performed. Ultimately, this results in some form of prediction of how much of what goes where and when.

Whew! My Ci called me during lunch and I felt kind of rude because, being my first day, I'm loaded down with work and this feeling of not knowing what I don't know. I mean, I don't even know yet what tools I'll use or with whom I'll meet to get the data I need to do my job. Over time, soon I hope, I'll at least learn the key objectives of my job and where to get answers to the questions that arise as I fumble through my first day/week/month here.

To my Ci- Wo ai ni! I will call you soon and we can talk about all that we did during the day. Hmmmah!

Ok, nuff for now. Gotta be a busy little worker bee and get back to my spreadsheets. Oh what fun!

3 comments:

sun_cici said...

You mean I was rude to call you or...?? I'm sorry to make you feel bad at work. But I thought it was during lunch "break", I thought you weren't at your work place that time. Next time just say that you're busy and I will stop calling. Anyways, I'll talk to you later. jia you.

Dave Savoy said...

No, no, Hunnie...
I felt that I was rude to you on the phone because I had to use a professional voice and couldn't say or do what I really wanted to on the phone. That's all.

And, and and... en!

sun_cici said...

oh...ok... en..enn...ENNN!