Thursday, July 27, 2006

Data Deluge


As I look upon my monitor, with a deluge of numbers flowing across the screen, I feel as if I am somehow being drawn into the pool of bits and bytes piece by piece. In my world, consisting of four gray, felt textured walls, I am immersed in an infinitude of data and databases until my cubicle becomes less a workspace and I see myself inside a neverending spreadsheet in which I exist only within my assigned "cell".

It's all a bit overwhelming in my first few days on the job. But as days go by, I grasp more of the picture and I push on the walls of my perception to expand my understanding of just what the hell it is that I do here (besides collect a paycheck).

So, this post isn't so much of a "what's up with me" as it is a data dump and forum for me to vent. But, as the picture illustrates, I know I will soon rise up like Neo and then no one will be able to hold me back ... just as soon as I figure out what it would be that "they" try to keep me from.

Now, hit me ... if you can...

No comments: