Monday, August 01, 2005

Retro-fitted


This post is of an old email I'd forgotten to send from about a year ago. It details the completion of my first term back in school, the acquisition of a cell phone and so on. Pretty boring stuff on the surface, but underneath those mundane subjects runs a vein of creative writing I haven't shared but in private emails. So, here is an archive of those times.
****
Hello my wonderful siblings I shall now chronicle my weekend of adventure so that my peeps in Japan will know that the Dave still be down. Final exams ended one week and three days ago. Of that hell-spawned time not too much can be recalled. Let's conclude, however, that it was stressful and challenging and let's call that explanation good enough for now. For the week following exams, I had no plan other than sitting around my house and doing the odd chores here and there. I sewed, vacuumed, did laundry, et al. All such that when Thursday rolled around, I jetted without hesitation. First stop: See the fam in Portland and invest in a cell phone. Yup, Im all digital again baby. It could easily be said, though, that my trip didnt really get going until Friday. Friday began usually enough. I woke up late, ate breakfast/lunch, showered n shaved, all the goodies. But the day grew strange and ominous as Portland faded into the smog behind me and the Emerald City unfolded in the distance ahead. Seattle. Friday evening I met with a few friends from my undergrad uni days for dinner and drinks. I rolled back into Eugene last night and just crashed. After a weekend of couch surfing and random partying I finally slept -for 12 hours- last night. I was so inhibriated that I could barely think! Oh, pls tell Krista I said "wassup". She and I were supposed to do something on Sunday, but I was too out of my mind. I remember calling her, but dont remember what was said, though, I think I left a message... Anyway, ... It was a good weekend. I got to see and do things I hadnt seen or done in a while and that experience was so necessary to help myself relax. Ill do what I can about coming up to see Holmberg. Winter term will have just gotten underway and I dont know what kind of workload they will have me on. Either way, Ill be in contact.

No comments: