Monday, August 07, 2006

The Un-restroom


Poopy! That is, unfortunately, the most accurate and appropriate word to describe the state of my fellow cube-dwellers -- not that I enjoy saying so. Now, I need to set the scene here to give a clear picture of what I'm talking about. Picture this:

I walk into the office building, a huge warehouse of grey fabric cubicle walls and printers and fax machines stacked up in corners. From my usual entrance, its about 100-150 yards to my desk, across a field of others that look just the same. At any given time maybe 75% of the office is full. I guess people just work on different schedules or for whatever reason that just isn't important to the discussion at hand. So, it's a big office, but never jam-packed with folks. There are multiple bathrooms generously located throughout the workplace. That is, I'm never more than 50 yards from the "facilities" when I walk through the place.

Yet, whenever I make a trip to these rooms of rest and relief, 90% of the time the room is filled with a smell more fitting to an old septic tank than a (relatively) upscale office. Accompanying the fumes are the sounds one would expect from a person experiencing an Ex-Lax moment. But enough of the fun details, you can imagine the rest.

Perhaps it is the lack of healthy foods in the diets of so many of my coworkers that leads to multiple trips to the toilette or maybe its in the water. Whatever it is, I wouldn't be suprised to learn that this office creates enough methane to power the city of Wilsonville! Well, maybe not quite, but close...

And what is the moral, you ask? Nothing. It's just a bunch of stuff that happened.

1 comment:

sun_cici said...

Oh...huhnee...I hope the poopy smell from the pooper didn't stop you having a nice poppy poop...hei hei hei...

Poop-Ci is in the airport waiting for her plane! Ahhh...wooo...eye...knee!