Friday, July 08, 2005

Diatribe #1 (aka The First Rant)




It occurs to me, as I sit here at my computer, typing this entry when I should be working... that since there are so many blogs out there (millions, so I hear) I wonder who will chance upon mine. And if anyone does stumble upon this site, who will stay and read and perhaps wonder who I am or what I do in this wide and crazy world? Is this just another bit of random text floating in the electronic sea of the Internet or will it matter? Maybe I'll say something that strikes a chord with someone or perhaps just bring a laugh or a smile to someone's gloomy day. Who can say? Whatever comes of this, I'll write just the same and post as if it matters. Because it does matter, if only to me.

More to come. Must work now. Meeting in ten minutes.

"Perhaps the feelings that we experience when we are in love represent a normal state. Being in love shows a person who he should be."
Anton Chekhov (1860 - 1904)

1 comment:

sun_cici said...

Yeah! New blog from 大尉同学!
I'm excited to read more of Dave's writing because he's always full of thoughts and I can always learn something new from him.
So, to those who will pay attention to The Diatrib Spot, I don't expect you to put visitng this blog in the "list of first few things to do in the morning" like me, but you'll definately enjoy the writings and don't hesitate to leave comments and discuss your thoughts with him!
加油!!