Thursday, July 21, 2005

Last one from the Road...


Today's work finished early and I headed out around noon. Back at the hotel pool soaking in that desert sun I decided that, instead of spending a total of eight hours driving to and from the Grand Canyon, I would catch a day-hike at Camelback Mountain. Its a quick 20 minute drive north of Phoenix and overlooks the city. Its a moderate 1.5 mile hike to the summit; don't forget to bring plenty of water. My plan is to get to the top by 7pm, when the sun just begins to sink into the distant hills in the west.

Afterward, I'll head back and rest up before an early flight out tomorrow. Then its back to the great northwest and lukewarm days under a grey, hazy sky.

Ah, Arizona. It's been a great trip.

'nuf for now

1 comment:

sun_cici said...

Tell me more about the hiking woh~ It sounds really nice. Ok. I need to run. they start to work on boarding pass now. wen ni, DWTX!