Monday, July 25, 2005

On My Porch


I had a really relaxing day today. Probably the best day I've had in about a week. I was overdue. So, here's how it went down:

I'd scheduled meetings every hour with my "stakeholders", as they're called in Corporate-lingo. What they really are are people you need to shmooze and squeeze to eek your way through the corporate quagmire and up in to the executive offices. In short, they are your competition; however, you must work with them like Tai Chi to balance yourself, ultimately using their own force against them. Om....

So I'd done that every hour, on the hour, from start to close of business. It's an art, really. Kind of a dance. Anyway, I managed to get through my work and exercise routine home to a nice, sunny porch with a good book and a mug of beer.

Maybe its just enough for me to say today was a good day. ["I didn't have to use my A.K."]... --Ice Cube (serious old school)

1 comment:

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hey ...

if u feel work has gotten too monotonous .... TRAVEL ... of course , coming back after a trip is a drudge, but still for sometime, u'll feel good ....

thanks for stopping by :)